Sunday, November 13, 2011

Hope You Can Cling To challenge #28

HYCCT1128 - Hope for the Holidays

Challenge:  Create a Christmas/Winter/Holiday card using any shade of pink as one of the primary colors in your color scheme.

Recently, I had just received a new monthly stamp set from The Stamps of Life that I thought would be perfecct for this.  It is called {penguins4Christmas}.  I thought this was a cute set, but didn't know what to do with it.  After browsing the Stamps of Life gallery, I had decided what I was going to do. 

I used SU Basic Black, Pretty in Pink and Whisper White cardstock.  I used the Snowflake #3 Sizzix embossing folder on the pink paper.  I stamped the sentiment and then distressed the edges of the white and pink cardstock.  For the penguin, I stamped him on white cardstock and colored his feet and beak with SU Orange marker.  I cut out the stamped hat and used white flock for the ball and rim of the hat.  I'm pleased with how this card turned out!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment