Sunday, October 20, 2013

Hope You Can Cling To challenge #8

HYCCT1308 - It's a Cover Up

The Challenge:  make a card with a hidden message (or image) which you can uncover by opening a flap or swinging a hinged tag or panel - not just opening the card .   Options for making a swinging tag are to use a brad or an eyelet to attach it to the card front, or ribbon as in KelliJo's super sample.
An added challenge is to use real stitching on your card ... you get extra cyber-points for using real stitching on your card - but this is totally optional. It doesn't even have to be machine sewing - anything that uses a needle and thread or floss is good for a virtual fresh-baked chocolate chip cookie from the challenge hostess.

I had multiple cards in mind.  I thought of doing the frankenstein card and add stitching for the scar on side of face.  But once I started working on this challenge, I decided to make a present card where the panel needs to be pulled up.   This panel could be used to write a sentiment or add a gift card.

I used the modern label punch and Express Yourself stamp set for the sentiment.  I used my cricut to cut out the ovals and used a glue dot to adhere the button to the "bow" (ovals).  I also used the Spots & Dots embossing folder for the box and some scrap patterned paper for the present lid. 


Below is a picture of the present when open.





No comments:

Post a Comment