Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Hope You Can Cling To challenge #19

HYCCT1319  - Scene of Serenity

Challenge:  create a project with a scene. You can use stamped images, die cut images, free hand sketching or painting. The sky is the limit. You can make your scene extra special if you would add some shade of the color pink but it isn't required.

So here's my scene.  I love being outdoors by the beach when we go on vacation.  I used the palm tree from the Stamps of Life set.  I used the masking technique.  After sponging on the layers of color for the background, I stamped the palm leaves first.  Then I used a sticky note that I had stamped and cut out the palm leaves for masking. I placed the sticky note over the palm that I stamped, inked up the tree trunk and stamped.   I used the flip flops from the Stamps of Life set and cut them out.  Boy, I sure would have liked having a framelit to cut those pieces!   






Stamps:  The Stamps of Life {summer4fun}, {island2visit}
Ink:  SU Crumb Cake, Bashful Blue, Peach Parfait, Daffodil Delight

No comments:

Post a Comment