Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Hope You Can Cling To challenge #21

HYCCT1321 - The King of Rock 'n Roll

Challenge:is to be inspired in some way by Elvis and turn it into a card. You could use an image of Elvis or the idea of his sequined costumes or even the words or title of one of his many songs to inspire you. Something, anything inspired by the King of Rock 'n' Roll.

Songs I was thinking of include Blue Suede Shoes, Hound Dog, Return To Sender, It's Now or Never, Shake Rattle & Roll, Jailhouse Rock, (Let me be your) Teddy Bear, Viva Las Vegas, Love Me Tender. I know there are heaps more and you can find a very comprehensive list here if you need any more Elvis song inspiration: List of songs recorded by Elvis Presley
SO who doesn't LOVE Elvis.  I remember spending Saturday or Sunday afternoons watching reruns of Elvis movies.  I loved that.  But to use his likeness on a card... that was difficult for me.  So I chose to be inspired in a not so direct way ....


 
I CASEd a card I saw on Pinterest.  It was different color but same.  Thank you for the inspiration.  As soon as I saw it, I thought this would work for "Blue Christmas".    I used both SU punch and Cricut George Cartridge to make my circles.  I cut a rectangle from a scrap piece fo glitter paper and then used a marker for the string.  The sentiment is from Stampin' Up set. 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment