Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Hope You Can Cling To challenge #26

HYCCT1326 - Mix it Up

Challenge:  Create a card using MIXED MEDIA!! Don't be scared. It's not hard, I promise. And I'm sure you already have the tools, items you need to make a really scrumptious, glorious, something-special kind of card.

  • mixed me·di·a
  • A technique involving the use of two or more artistic media, such as ink and pastel or painting and collage, that are combined in a single composition


I hope this qualifies for mixed media.  I used Making Memories paint to cover the white cardstock.  I was inspired by a painting I saw while at the CKC - Tinley Park, Chicago.  That painting had red, orange, black, white, etc.   I didn't have those colors,, but I thought this turned out ok.  To add to the mixed media them, I tried to add some chalk ink.  That didn't work because it seemed as if my chalk ink was dried out.  I added some gold glitter to the project while some of the paint was still wet.  I also spritzed for more mixed media.  Does that qualify?  I sure hope so.




I do like how the painting turned out.  I have not added paint to my cards other than these HYCCT challenges.  I do like how it turned out.

TFL!


No comments:

Post a Comment