Sunday, October 20, 2013

Hope You Can Cling To challenge #1

I'm participating in the Splitcoaststampers 2013 Hope You Can Cling To challenge. This is my second year doing this. This is a daily card making challenge with ties back to breast cancer awareness.  All cards are donated. On October 1st, 3 challenges kicked off the event.

HYCCT1301A - Inner Strength

This challenge was to create a card with inner strength - meaning that a dimensional image on the inside of your card can be seen through an opening in the front of your card.

Dimensional ideas include:
-Popping an image or element up on a dimensional
-Stamping an image on the inside of the card with heat embossing for dimension
-Adding a rhinestone or glitter to the inside image

I used my Stampin' Up stamps and cardstock to complete this challenge.  I used the Floral Frames framelit die, Daydream Medallion stamp, Sassy Salutations stamp and tempting torquise cardstock.  I used white gel pen to add faux stitching around the punch and the card.  My dimension was to add glitter and a rhinestone to the inside image.



 
 
 
HYCCT1301B - Courage and Strength

This challenge was to create a card that shares courage and strength with either the color red or orange or a mixture of both.

I've been wanting to use the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set from SU that I purchased recently.  I really love that stamp set and think it will be very versatile.   I also used a stamp set from The Stamps of Life {monogram2build} and the Labels 5 die.   Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Cherry Cobler, Basic Gray, and Night of Navy.  Cardstock:  SU Pumpkin Pie, SU Night of Navy, and white.








HYCCT1301C - Flat is Fabulous

This challenge was to create a card Clean and Simple card.  One or two layers ... no bulky layers or embellishments.  Keep it flat. 

I used the Mosiac Madness stamp set, Mosiac Punch and the Perfectly Penned stamp set for the sentiment.   Ink:  Melon Mambo, Wild Wasabi, and Summer Sun marker to color in mosiac. 

 
 








No comments:

Post a Comment