Sunday, November 6, 2011

Hope You Can Cling To challenge #1

I participated in the Splitcoaststampers 2011 Hope You Can Cling To challenge.  This is a daily card making challenge.  On October 1st, 3 challenges kicked off the event.

HYCCT1101A - Pink Cirtters.  The challenge was to create a card with pink critters.  I had purchased the "moreowls2love" stamp set from The Stamps of Life.  It was perfect for this challenge.

I used the D'vine Swirl embossing folder, moreowls2love for the owls and the sentiment.  The sentiment is stamped on SU Whisper White card stock and punched with the SU Decorative label punch.



HYCCT1101B - Bling the Cling.  For this challenge, we were to create a card with rhinestone bling.  I had created a similar card (without bling) at a SU workshop.   This card is made with SU Easter Blossom stamp set, SU paper - Basic Gray, River Rock, Pink Pirouette.  The sentiment is stamped and punched with the SU Decorative label. 


The last challenge of the day was HYCCT1101C - Encircled with Love.  This challenge was to make a circle card.  I used my SCAL and cricut to create the base of the card.  I welded 2 circles together.  For the pink scalloped circle, I used SCAL.  I used The Stamps of Life stampsets.  For the flower, I used {Thanks2You} and the for sentiment, I used {getwell2You}.  Paper used is SU Pink Pirouette and Whisper White.  I sponged pink pirouette ink around the edges of the circle.  I also used a masking technique so the stems would not cross through the sentiment.
Hope you enjoy!  Thanks for stopping by to take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment