Thursday, October 15, 2015

2015 Hope You Can Cling To challenge #1


HYCCT1501A - Whatever the Weather

And so we begin.  This is the first of 3 challenges on "opening day".  

Challenge:  Make a card representing your LEAST favorite weather condition.

Well, I have to say even though I live in the mid-west, my least favorite weather is winter, more specifically when it is COLD out side... which around here, doesn't always come with snow. 

I created my card at our group's Stamp Chat Swap session. 







Stamps: SU Happy Scenes
Ink: Garden Green,  
Paper: SU
Other:  Softly Falling SU Embossing Folder, SU Hearth & Home Framelits dies, Liquid Applique White


HYCCT1501B - Lend a Hand

Challenge:  Hands are the inspiration for this challenge.  (1) Use your fingers to apply a coloring medium on your card (try fingerpainting, use a fingerprint to start an image, etc).  (2)  Trace your hand on a card and color creatively in or around it or (3) Use an image with a hand visibly displayed in it.

I used my finger to "sponge" the leaves and grass.


Stamps:  Sheltering Tree
Ink:   Early Espresso, So Saffron, Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie, Garden Green


   
HYCCT1501C - Split the Difference

Challenge:  My challenge to you is a call to split the difference ... respect and honor for the pain and difficulty with an overwhelming appreciation for the by-products of the hope and joy.  A full card front scene, split into two with a sentiment strip. 

As part of our girl's Stamp Chat Swap group, we made this card.  I don't recall the details, but I thought it went well with this challenge.  It's a full front scene that is split with a sentiment strip.





No comments:

Post a Comment