Wednesday, November 4, 2015

2015 Hope You Can Cling To #27

HYCCT1527 - Strength in Numbers

Challenge:  Help you sisters who are battle the BIG C by making a card for them that helps spread the message of "we're all here for you" "together we will beat this" by using a MASKING TECHNIQUE to bring a group of people (or animals) together as the MAIN feature of your card.

I had a few stamp sets I could have used for this challenge.  The sentiment on the Owls was perfect!  I added the ribbon at the last minute.  I was trying to make a cute bow, but that didn't work out well.  So, instead I made a ribbon symbol using the black ribbon.  Now that I'm thinking about it, I should have used a pink ribbon.  Oh well, looks cute with the black.





Stamps:  The Stamps of Life - moreowls2stamp
Ink:  
Other:  Flowers (yellow) and Swirls (black)






HYCCT1527 - HERO - You are My Superhero

Challenge:  make a card with a superhero theme. Use a superhero image...or a WHAM! or POW! or ZAP! or SHAZAM!


I have absolutely no superhero stamps.  Back to the googling I go.  I found a couple of super hero logos that I could use.  I copied them over and printed on paper.  I wasn't sure of I wanted to incorporate my findings.  Some times its good to let things sit as ideas may come to you.  It certainly did for this one.  I remembered I had a t-shirt stamps set and die.  I was able to use the die for my card.  Not too bad!







Stamps:  The Stamps of Life 
Embossing Folder:  Star




HYCCT1527 - KIDS - Mom's Faves

Challenge:  Kids, your challenge is to make a card representing something your mom loves. A favorite food, a favorite pet or animal, even a favorite color. You can even make a card representing how you feel about your mom.

My mom loves to shop.  I was going to use a different stamps set, but I used it for another test.   So here we go ...



Stamps:  Bootiful Occasions
Ink:  Brilliant Blue marker
More:  Silver glitter, glue pen








HYCCT1527 - BONUS - Create a Cure!


Challenge:  create a stunning background for your card using the salting technique with watercolors or ink.

I used Tim Holtz distress ink (barn door) and the wrinkle free distress technigue.  I do not have re-inkers  or watercolor paper so had to come up with a different method and used regular cardstock.   I also used regular table salt to "cure".  It wasn't as prominent as I had hoped it would be.



 
 
 
Stamps:  SU Fast & Fabulous and Happy Watercolor
Ink:  StazOn
 







No comments:

Post a Comment